January 6, 2008

HAPPY New Year

That's what it is. The very happiest new year we have ever had. Ever.

As much as I talk/write, I don't tell all. Some things stay deep in my heart. Mostly the aches that no one can heal. I try to focus on all the good stuff. Leave the sad stuff to the only One that can help.

TT has a daughter. She was 17 when I married him. I was 28. You guessed it. . . I blew it on about every count. I had come out of a very bad marriage. Basically I wanted everything my way. Oi, what a wake of wreckage behind me.

She had enough. I don't blame her. Much of the time, I really didn't like me either.

So, we have walked separately for a little over a decade. I stopped talking. Just prayed. Every Sunday, "God, please help me be who I need to be and heal our family." TT prayed the same.

I don't exactly know how it all changed or why. That really doesn't matter.

But gloriously, she is back. With her two girls. TT's granddaughters. And she graciously has introduced me to them as, "This is my Mom Hattigrace. . . your grandma!" They are beautiful like her. Smart and full of humor and deeply caring. And they call me "gramma"!!!

I have died and gone to Heaven.
Dot and Hubby have the New Year's Eve party every year. She said, "Jade is coming to our party." So, we all brought in 2008 together. It was a happy, happy night. The best part was the next day when Jade and I got about eight hours together to just talk and talk and talk and talk. Her sweet girls were with us and would give delicious hugs every now and then.
I told Dot, "You are my only Dot. And she is my only Jade. One can never replace the other. You are both number one."

To be truthful, I have had a hole in my heart for a decade. Jade has this fabulous gift of being able to laugh at herself. While deeply empathetic, she is equally lighthearted. She loves to talk. She loves to text. She loves to hug. She loves to listen. She brings sonshine into any room.

Can you imagine being in the room with both Dots? It is one very happy, fun place!

I have slept soundly all night long since December 31. I feel complete again. My family is whole. I feel whole.

Now, I just need to find our family jet so we can all see each other every weekend!

Meanwhile, I guess we will have to keep texting.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Itssad when families drift apart but what a happy ending. Happy Nw Year to you & yours :0)

Gardenia said...

Only your first picture came up! Greedy me - wants to see them all!

A wonderful New Year story! I believe that the "Word" for the New Year 2008 is "New Beginnings" and it looks like yours started off with a wonderful new beginning.

Ah, grandkids. The "frosting" on life!

Oh, yes, PAINT! Let's gang up on Susan and pray that she will decide to teach painting! In the meantime, let's paint!

I'm still sitting in overcluttered "studio." (Better than it was though!) As soon as I can walk better, I'm going to go see if I can find an affordable murphy bed situation with built-ins so I can remove everything from this room except the essentials.

Hope to see you soon!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Fit to burst babe xx

Well chuffed for yer.

That's the most 'feel good' post I've read in a loooooong time.

Magic!!!

(She's got a smashin' mum now 'n all) :)

My World said...

OMG, I have to follow 4 dinners...
Thank you, for your visit and the kind words...

A beautiful family...

Peace,

William..... :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!!?? Why am I not on there? Oh well, I'll try not to cry. But, that was really good and I know that I sure had a fun time!!

Adios Amiga,
"Anonymous"

d34FpUpPy said...

this is a new blog addy hattie g m glad ur happy now

Biddie said...

Oh, this is wonderful. I am crying as I read this.
Beautiful, glorious.
I am so happy for you.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and get a tissue :0

Keith said...

:-)

Pat said...

What a great result. I know how difficult it can be taking on a new family. Well done!

FOUR DINNERS said...

popped back. u know what? That pic of TT n his babe is the best pic I've seen in yonks. x

Anonymous said...

This caused me to tear up....

I'm so happy for you. They're both beautiful.

And so, my dear, are you.

Jada's Gigi said...

How absolutely awesome!! God is So good! I am incredibly happy for you all!....granny...LOL :)

Jada's Gigi said...

BIG diff..I know exactly! she looks like you too...