January 28, 2006

foreclosure

The "Country Estate" before her charcoal shutters or brick front steps!


It really hurt. Today was our first day working on our sweet country home since we foreclosed on our negligent purchasers. The whole place needs to be repainted. We may have to replace all the carpet and vinyl flooring. Yes, it is a doublewide. BUT, I always add, she has a built up tin roof, lovely front porch, complete with swing, screened in back porch and huge deck and she sits proudly on one-half acre.

Tell me, when did it become fashionable to decorate with stickers, pushpins and posters scotch taped to the walls and doors? And, so she did not love my aqua kitchen, but the pinkish beige shiny paint she "covered" it with might have been nicer if she actually finished the job. I guess she only had a roller, no brushes for cut in.

Between the limb Hurricane Dennis hurled through the roof and all the litter, we have a mess.

And this house was the one my mother died in after only being with us for one month. What an intense, love-filled thirty days. I paled as I discovered magic marker grade school graffiti in my mother's room. May she rest in peace.

My husband's square foot garden is a forest of weeds and debris. That is except for the spot that they put an above ground pool over the garden. WHAT?? On an entire half acre, why ruin the garden with their plastic paradise? Oi.

I think I must get much more emotionally attached to my residences than others. Maybe it is the hairdresser in me. . . I just want my home to feel appreciated for protecting me from the elements and hosting all my family events and parties. I like to keep her dressed up and feelin' special.

I think I heard our country home crying a bit today. Finally, someone was there to give her back her dignity.

2 comments:

David Tellez said...

Not everyone cares for a home in the same way. It's sad that some choose to make it into a 3rd world country and it's sad that they choose to live that way, but there's nothing you can do. I'm sorry they trashed your home. I think it's the parents responsibilty to teach their children, how to respect their home, that way when they get invited to somebody else's home, they know how to care for it and to love it, in the same manner you do.

Gardenia said...

Felt bad for you, and I too wonder how people can stand to live in such unharmonious (that's putting it kindly) ways. May you find favor with the insurance company in order to restore her to to harmony. I can imagine how that hurt your heart, as you always surround yourself with beauty. Moving back here I drove by my old house and it appears in tip top shape. I smiled and drove on. Then went past Grandma's and it was disintigrating - the beautiful huge weeping willow where I perched high in the branches as a child had been murdered and a mute stump was its only testimony besides my heart.