April 27, 2006

gone

I leave in the morning with eight friends in a limo (for only $75 per gal because of the generosity of one of my friend/clients) for New Orleans to attend JazzFest. We are staying at this fabby condo (for free!!) on the RiverWalk.

I am so mad. I was cleaning my office and spilled a huge glass of water. Thought it all went on the floor. Was online that night for a long time. Next morning, laptop is DEAD.

Yep, water under it. Will be FOURTEEN DAYS without it. So, when I get back from the Big Easy Sunday night, I will not be able to download photos and do some great post to you all about our adventures. Grrrrrrr.

Right now, I am using TT's computer. It is like trying to swim through the mud, it is so slow and quirky.

Can you tell, my back hurts? I lose my positive outlook with the pain. I really love my laptop. I sit on our front porch in the soft southern spring breeze and read all your comments and visit your blogs, sipping red and relaxing in my mom's rocker.

Tim's office space is like a dungeon to me. He keeps the shades down on the windows. . . oh, stop griping HG.

So, I will be back to see you, my friends. I loved all your "dinner" lists. And thanks for all the dinner invitations! You all are the best.

14 comments:

Candy Minx said...

Have a great trip I really look forward to photos. I bet you are goingto have so muh fun and giggles with the gals. Bummer about the lap top...see ya soon! And drink lots of water...it will probably help you with the pain. Pain is worse when we are dehydrated.

Candy

punxxi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

mabe tha lappy will dry out n work by tha item ur back me n my dad went 2 jazz fest on tha way 2 a cruise once it was very crowded

Anonymous said...

well its not as crowded as tha mardi gras n who nos how it will b htis year after alla tha floods n stuff.just hide up on ur balconyn have a great tiem

Louisiana said...

Oh what a wonderful trip get-a-way that sounds like...Have a fantastic time and enjoy every second.

I'm so sorry about the laptop. I'm so sorry your back is acking...I hope some fun will help.

Hugs.

Alison said...

Have fun this weekend and be safe! Enjoy spending time with your girlfriends-that is something I need to make more time for. That is a bummer about your laptop-hopefully they will be able to repair it quickly. Look forward to hearing all about Jazzfest!

Buffy said...

I'm so jealous.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Hope you enjoy the JazzFest. Is Bleedin' Gums Murphy goin to be there?

OI! Leave TT's pc alone. Nowt wrong wi' quirks. My best friends are full of quirks (and vodka and beer) but mainly quirks....

David Tellez said...

OMG! Ms. Hatti Grace! I have tried leaving you a comment on your last post like a hundred times (Ok, four, but still!) and it will not post. I do not know why, so hopefully, this comment finds you well.

How cool is it that y'all are going to a jazz festival?! I'm a total big fan of jazz music (it's that swanky piano and a sax sound that makes it so easy on the ears) so I cant even tell you how jealous I am of you!

But your a sweet gal, so I wont be a total hater. Instead, I will be prayin for your computer and your sanity as you live life without it. Come back home safe and soon and with souviners!

Anonymous said...

hay hattie glad u like tha jazz fest sorry about tha lappy...hay did u g2 cafe du monde? my dad says that bourbon st etc r like nothin ever happened at all

Anonymous said...

hay wen i was there it was so hothothot n humid. ty 4 thinkin of me ...:o) wen we were there we took a walkin tour n ended up in cemetary #1 it was great n we went on a tour of plantations did u go ne of that hattiegrace?we walked everywere even 2 tha bus that took us 2 missetc. 2 go on tha cruise

Diane Viere said...

Have a great trip! Can't wait to read about it!

Diane

shellz said...

OH! How sad. Your poor laptop. I'm sure it will all work out just fine.

In the meantime, have a fabulous trip! Sounds like the best kind of trouble to get into - girlfriends and a limo! Woohoo!

ldbug said...

Have a safe trip:)

It's kind of a good excuse to get a new laptop? So may be good in the end with more fun!!!!!