November 19, 2006

Jax

I am making red beans and rice, collard greens and salad for our friends after church today.

Read newspaper. Full of bad news for Florida between insurance and taxes. We all are concerned.

My daughter has a saying that if your troubles can be solved with more money, you don't really have any problems.

Haven't been blogging much. Checked out Dollface, Pup and then 4D's. I haven't stopped crying.

I have only been blogging eleven months. Sometime's 4D's content was over the top for me, but I could never get past his heart. He is a good, good man. Gifted writer and story teller. Simply silly sense of humor that sends me into shoulder shaking giggles!

It wasn't til Jax took over his blog for a bit that the picture came together. This is not a man that hopes his daughter loves and respects him. She carries him in her heart, she adores him. Caz adores him. They all get each other, love each other, fight for each other. It is a beautiful portrait.

Now I have them in my own heart. TT and I sit around and talk (all good!!) about the three of them, laugh over their quips and quotes and quirks. They are our friends. Just haven't gotten to break bread together yet.

How would I be feeling if my baby was facing such a major surgery and if the result of it meant she had to put her passion on the shelf? I am sure 4D would take her place on that surgery table if he could.

Love. As his heart burst with joy and pride in her magnificent victories, it now breaks in agony as she faces this operation.

He does not weep alone.

But I have a place to take my tears. To the throne of grace and mercy. And the Father of all Fathers will be present, He will protect Jax, He will comfort 4D and Caz, He will guide the hands of the surgeons, He will heal and she will rise again.

And our mourning will be turned to rejoicing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r a good freind 2 them imma send her a prezzy 2 taqke wi her its a secret dun teller
xx
dx3

David Tellez said...

When someone's faith is shaken, it's nice to know there are those that are overflowing with faith to help us not lose sight of what is important and to help us through the hard times. Dont lose heart Ms. Hatti Grace and good luck with your friend...keep up the faith.

Gardenia said...

Beautiful post. 4d's family, too, a part of my life - my prayers join yours hattiegrace for Jax and lifting up for Mom and Dad. Good people!

FOUR DINNERS said...

That is beautiful. Thankyou HG. xx

Buffy said...

Hattie, you're such a dear. I really don't know how else to say it.

I always know when I stop by I'll find wonderful words of grace and encouragement for someone.

It's your gift. And it's the blessing that will see you through your own worries.

Louisiana said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and friends. Hope it's a day of family and love and peace and good food and drinks.