February 21, 2007

Winner


Here we are world, the next American Idol winner, Lakisha Jones. This girl ROCKS!!!!

Singing Jennifer Hudson's winning song from Dream Girls as good, if not better than Jen, she took the contest by storm. Even Simon said, "I am tempted to say to the other twenty-three contestants to get their airline tickets home. . "

She sings from the depth of a heart that we have never experienced before on AI. With tears streaming our faces, TT and I began dialing to vote for her, but only reached a busy signal.

Her comment, "After years of singing in the church, I may finally get to do what I love", reflects her devotion to Christ ("If I win, I will first thank God Almighty"). In addition, her love for her four year old daughter, whose 4th birthday was tonight and her magnificent, powerful, soul stirring talent catapulted her to the top of the contenders.

I felt for the other girls in the competition. Their faces fell as they witnessed the audience's thundering explosion at the end of Lakisha's compelling performance of "You Will Love Me".

We already do and can't wait to hear more. Sing, beautiful Lakisha, sing on!

6 comments:

Furtheron said...

* Hangs head in shame *

Can I apologise to all Americans. Listen Britain has some good culture, esp in music like The Beatles they weren't bad, Rolling Stones again reasonable (and from Kent to boot) and many others.

But exporting American Idol (we called it Pop Idol) I can't believe it. The first one here had a barman from my old local pub on it - for God's sake!

Look if you are good (James Blunt, James Morrison, Paulo Nutini, The Kooks, The Kaiser Chiefs etc.) you will make it without this thing.

Sorry - I'm not a lover of this style of show which really is all about the judges ego and little about the talent in front of them. I'm not saying there isn't talent in front of them just they don't want it to overshadow their egos.

Jada's Gigi said...

Drat! I missed her!! I really only managed to see a tiny bit of the show..i kept meaning to get back to it but...you know...things...still, I'm trying to get into this year.

Anonymous said...

o well hope u good

Gardenia said...

She is awesome - can't wait to see more of her.

Unlike, Further...., I think this show gives people who might not otherwise have a place to show their talents or get a beginning, so I say, go Idol!

Louisiana said...

she did sang beautiful. another carreer about to take off fast..

hope you and fam are well..hugs

FOUR DINNERS said...

'video no longer available' is all I got. Agree with Further on that these shows are crap but if the odd really good'n gets a shot they'd otherwise miss what the hell?