August 20, 2007

love




There wasn't a dry eye watching them dance. Liquid love.

I can watch this ten times and still want to watch it again. So many reasons.

She is beautiful and fragile and strong, too. She is graceful and gentle and delicate. She loves with her whole heart. She picks up on the little things everyone else misses. And she is like a carbon copy of my mother.

He loves her strengths and doesn't see her weaknesses as weak. He holds her close to his heart, yet with plenty of room for her to breathe. He loves her fiercely yet handles her tenderly.

It was a long road to this dance. Many prayers and tears were poured out in the desperation of dark nights for her to escape a toxic marriage and be truly loved.

She is safe now. She is in the arms of love.

4 comments:

Gardenia said...

Oh, wow. This made me cry. I'm happy for you - because we are never at peace until our kids are safe. I pray my girls will find the kind of love you describe. I had given up thinking it existed.

Bek said...

hi hattigrace
nice to meet you - i enjoyed looking through your blog (and pictures) just now - wow you have a gift with hair!!! glad to meet another who loves Jesus like I do!! and i really enjoyed your post on the truths you learned at confession...God bless....

K said...

This brought a lot of emotion for me.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Remarkably sober for a wedding bash... She is a babe though isn't she?