September 24, 2006

gain

I wasn't going to do it. I was going to keep my mouth shut and not say a word on this blog.

But, I have to share it. This has been the very best week of my life. I started a new blog about various destructive habits I wanted to quit.

All I know is this. God must be very serious about the keeping of His temple, because He has let me know, in no uncertain terms that He is ecstatic about my new choices!!!! I had THE biggest week of my career. Not only was it financially the best, I had so much fun.

I have been stupid happy all week. TT wouldn't know, because I have dropped into bed in exhaustion when I get home! I have also been real quiet about my changes. Like, I did not want to say anything even to him. I needed to heed the Voice I was hearing and obey and not have a big discussion about it.

From the doldrums of my September 11 post to today feels like a journey out of Hell. One of the joys has been helping a friend totally reorganize her home. It would be like if I had moved into my mother's home after she died, but tried to fit my stuff around her stuff. Oi. My friends have been through a heartwrenching couple of years and now she is ready to make all these changes.

She said we looked scarey with bandanas wrapped around our noses to protect us from the dust. Then her daughter found us real dust masks! Breathing got easier. We have laughed until we cry over the "treasures" we found.

I turn into a machine with projects like this.

Trash.

Save.

Trash.

Save.

Now their bedroom is their own. Their office is their own. And today after church, their dining room will be ready.

It IS more blessed to give than to recieve! I gave God my bad habits. I gave my friend my time and organizing energies. . . and I have peace and joy! What an exchange.

I love the economy of the Lord.

11 comments:

Gardenia said...

wow! I'm calling on you when I move back. yeh, there sure is trash in our bodily temple too - so much to "move out" so more of Him can move in and it sure does make a difference in us.

Louisiana said...

another wonderful news from your end. how great it is to hear you this happy and excited. you deserve it all. how blessed your friend is to have you help her. how far away do you drive? mind you for this home project, i think you need to come with gas mask, lol..and oxygen..just kidding..glad you are feeling better. love you.

Anonymous said...

i m readin tha other 1 now gl memeber that is only 48 hrs 2 get nicotine outta ur system tha rest is a bad habit

Jada's Gigi said...

Good for you!! I love it when projects energize instead of drain. God is good!

David Tellez said...

So you like to clean, huh? WOW...maybe I should call you to come over and clean my room. It's a total mess and looks like the aftermath of a tornado in a mall.

As for your new blog, I read it, and was gonna leave a comment, but I couldnt. It seemed too personal. Your posts are like prayers, and it just doesnt seem right to comment on a prayer. Except, I will say this: I love that the new studio is willing to let you incorporate God into your work life. What I wonder though is, why would you hide a Bible in the walls? Why not just put up a small bookcase in your studio and showcase it there with some other books, like historic novels and such?

Gina said...

How uplifting!
What a wonderful friend to your friend you are!

Gayzha said...

Hi Hattigrace,

I'm sooooo happy for you! There is really a treasure to be found when you truly give yourself to someone!

Anonymous said...

I like the vision I get of banana's around your noses. That sounds like something dad would do!
Dad has lots of habits but says they can't be bad because he likes them!

Candy Minx said...

Yes, it is more rewarding to give than to recieve.

I haven't been around ehre for a bit and what a whirlly wnd I have been catching up on.

I love cleaning and organizing...labeling and sorting things and simplify simplify simplify!!!

Sounds like your project with your friend was really a wonderful experience...her head and heart must feel cleansed too I'd imagine!

Off to check out your other blog...

FOUR DINNERS said...

I knew it!! Everywhere I go Jax has been! Is 6th form always like this?? I missed out. Off to check yer other one now.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Amen to your post. I can see that you are being blessed with a changed attitude. God is working through you.