April 17, 2007

scalped

I was so excited. It was Isabella's first appointment to get her hair cut. Okay, to be groomed! I had been carefully combing her hair every other day so she would not get matted.

I chose a groomer that two of my clients use. She was very nice and kind. Isabella really liked her.

I had cut Isabella's hair a bit when she was a couple months old, because it had gotten matted from the collar she had to wear after her surgery. I did a pretty bad job. . . hard to cut such a wiggly client!
I was looking forward to her having a professional cut that would correct the flaws from my attempt.

I showed the groomer this photo in a Shit Tzu magazine. I wanted Isabella to grow into this cut. I am a hairdresser. I like HAIR! There is a reason I did not get a short haired teacup Chihuahua!

Listening. What an art. No wonder I have the success I do as a stylist. I know I miss it sometimes. But I must hit the mark most the time, as thankfully, my book stays slammed.

Can you imagine my shock, when out from the groomer's van comes THIS haircut????



She is nearly bald. She was pathetic for twenty-four hours. Very clingy and sad. Sat on TT's feet today when he was trying to paint our ceilings.

It took five months to grow her to the top photo. It will take a YEAR to get her hair to the long look on the model.

I know, I know, she is still cute and it is gonna be nice in the summer and all that. But she doesn't even look like her own breed.

Arrrgh. Does anyone know a local groomer that specializes in TeaCup Shih Tzu hair cuts?! Help!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

google that 4 ur town gl

Gardenia said...

Awwwwwwwww, I think they gave her a "puppy cut." Is that what they call it? Yes, its a far cry from the elegant show cut......duh! Feed her lots of vitamins and maybe it'll grow faster.

Jada's Gigi said...

Ahh, what so many of us got thru at our own hairstylists...lol...you talk and talk...then they give you the cut they want you to have anyway...LOL...:)

FOUR DINNERS said...

soz babe. I can't lie to you of all people. I nearly wet meself.
I know it's not funny. Yes it is. I'm crackin' up here. Soz. really. Soz. I can't help it.

FOUR DINNERS said...

I was feelin a bit down. This has made me laugh like I haven't for weeks. Really really soz. I can't stop. I need the loo. Hysterical. No soz it's not. Yes it is.

Furtheron said...

Dinners - I can't laugh.

It's the eyes - I'm freaked out!

That dogs eyes - they are burning into my soul. Stop it looking at me, those green eyes, stop it stop it - AAARRRGGHHH! (I'm watching too much Doctor Who and Sea of Souls lately I think)

Either that or simply the dog is really really p***ed at what happened to it. :-)

Furtheron said...

Oh yeah who remembers the long running Shih Tzu gags on Spike Milligans Shows?

.....

Only me again ...


What are we going to do now? What are we going to do now?

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear! She looks really annoyed!

David Tellez said...

Too bad you only specialize in human hair Ms. Hattigrace! Imagine the wondrous delights you could do with canine cuts! I think you should think about taking some classes...

FOUR DINNERS said...

I keep comin' over for a giggle