November 18, 2007

nervous

Sister arrives tomorrow night at 9:30. I have given Isabella her bath and hair do. Spent a lot of time with her. She is used to being the only princess. . .

Have done a lot of reading on how to successfully bring a new puppy into a family. Don't introduce them face to face, but you know where they sniff each other. . . have not read, should puppy sniff Isabella first, or vice versa? Anyone know?

Gonna be careful to treat Isabella as the apple of my eye and not ignore her for the puppy. That's what has me nervous, because I think Isabella is so sweet because of how much I handled her and loved on her and talked soft and sweet to her. How is puppy gonna be secure if I can't do that?

"They" say that the first couple of weeks can be tough and then all of a sudden, they start getting along. That is encouraging.

I am prepared for the worst. Hoping for the best. Doesn't life settle somewhere in between?

I have not been painting. Just so busy with holiday preparations. I have almost all my Christmas bought and wrapped. Was concerned once puppy got here I would not have the time.

I start college in January. Still have CPT to take. I know I will end up in remedial math. I am fine with that. Will be good to pick up a paint brush again.

Having god-children and their families over for Thanksgiving, along with my dear daughter and son-in-law. Will be moving furniture around to accommodate that! We are very excited about the holidays.

Painting will have to wait!

4 comments:

Gardenia said...

Painting is waiting here too.

Do you ever watch "The Dog Whisperer?" It might be on internet - he can get dogs to do anything! I only know about cats - although I should know about dogs because my mother has so many of them.

I'm smiling, because you are having the same feelings that people who have more than one child have!

The only thing I can think of (this is from the "Whisperer" is that dogs are ultimately pack animals - however they do want to be the dominate dog when they can get away with it - and my mother said girls always try to dominate more than the male dogs. You will have two girls - this will be interesting.

The name is cute. Waiting for pics.

Anonymous said...

u named it sister? happy thanksgiving neways...;oD

FOUR DINNERS said...

Swing Out Sister? Sister Act? Beverley Sisters? Sisters of Mercy? Scissor Sisters? Kylie n Danni?

Lots of famous sisters. This hound is goin' places!!!!

LZ Blogger said...

Good luck here with the kids! Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING too! ~ jb///