November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving Day

Isn't life about family and friends? We had a fabulous Thanksgiving. Thirteen at the table. Teaching our god-children how to make fresh whipped cream was so fun!
Only my helpers get to lick the beaters! One trauma at about 11:30, just as I was putting the sweet potatos and the corn pudding in the oven. My oven QUIT! Flashed on it's screen, "Call Service Professional". Thank GOD TT has been taking care of our great neighbor's dogs and had a key to their house. We used their oven and so once again, they literally saved the day!! Wheeewwww.
After we had all gourged ourselves on too much food, we had a Silly String War! What fun. Got us all laughing, running from each other. In general, we were breathing, which none of us thought we could do when we tottered away from the table!
You know, it is a great compliment when my Dot feels at home enough still that she takes a nappy! We had a lovely chit-chat. Okay, I had more photos for this post of TT. . . I don't know where Picasa put them. I will try again later.

Meanwhile, just wanted to say, we had a very good day. We hold Isabella close to our aching hearts and are healing a bit from our loss.
I moved a bunch of furnature around to accomodate all the people and decided I loved the change. So, our dining room is now where the living room was and the former dining room, which is right off the kitchen is a sitting room. I think the new term is the "occassion room"? Anyway, the house seems bigger, more current, and certainly more welcoming.

Christmas tree goes up tomorrow!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Gardenia said...

Oh, hattigrace, you pick up and just go on like a trooper always - you're so amazing. It's good to have friends who challenge you to become a better person and you do....

loved the photos - gosh girl, you must have the energy of a tornado - coping with puppy disaster and all the cleaning, preparing a large dinner, moving rooms around, and running food back and forth from next door - then a string fight - what a good idea!

Taylor (granddaughter) and I painted a little - she did a nice sunset over water - I had a "word" for each grandchild from a great prayer time I had - it was a good holiday.

Blessings........

FOUR DINNERS said...

Made me feel like I was almost there....

....mmmmmmmm whipped cream....

Magic!!

Anonymous said...

r fomal dining room table is were tha living room is in a bay window and then a sitting area with a big round table n 4 chairs we has areg table it the eatin part of tha kitchen the whole house is already decorated 4 christmas which includes 2 trees>>> EXCESS<<< is my da s fav word it gives me claustrophobia which sux wen u already has agoraphobia
i suppose we will has 2 start on tha outside next bahhumbugds :o)

Anonymous said...

So pleased still enjoyed thanksgiving :0) I've been changing rooms around here too :0)

Our chritstmas decorations are staring to go up this weekend, and now we've on official christmas crafts ;0)

I cooked my version of a thanksgiving dinner, I should get tips from you for next year :0)

DeeJay said...

You sound as though you had a ball of a holiday. I bet you are glad of a rest now though!
I had to have a little chuckle about "Dot feels at home enough still that she takes a nappy" - In the UK a nappy is a diaper :-)

Two nations joined by a common language?

Furtheron said...

Looks a great day.

LZ Blogger said...

Sounds (and looks) like you had a GREAT Thanksgiving! ~ jb///

Admin said...

I love the silly string fight! What fun!

Biddie said...

Looks like a wonderful, fun day!
I loved the photos, too. Your family is beautiful :)

Biddie said...

Looks like a wonderful, fun day!
I loved the photos, too. Your family is beautiful :)

David Tellez said...

Are you wearing your sunglasses during whip cream making? You totally rock!

And your oven quitting story reminds me of an old Chirstmas story that I'm definately posting!

Margie said...

I think the silly string is a great idea for next year!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.