July 30, 2006

children






TT and I lived next door to these dear kids when we were at Country Estate. We loved Saturday mornings when we used to awaken to the sound of them riding their bikes in our driveway. We miss them so. What a privaledge to have their company for 23 hours this weekend.

After they played the piano, hauled out all the stuffed animals and toys and books I have in a set of shelves for my future grandbabies, baths and snack, I sang them the lullaby I sang Dot every night. They just melted into the covers.
"Good night, my love, God bless my daughter-love, pleasant dreams of Jesus in your heart. Good night, my love, God bless my daughter-love. . . pleasant dreams. . . of. . . Jesus. . . in. . . your. . . heart. . . Good night!"

Took them to church this morning. They were perfect! Catholic Church is a task for some adults, but they were great with all the standing, sitting, kneeling, singing, giving money, shaking hands during the peace, going to altar during the Eucharist, and listening! Can't wait for grandbabies.

Have always loved the girl-child, but the man-child really captured my heart. He informed me he did NOT like my new haircut, liked it long better! Long hair is a male thing, huh?

We came home after lunch and they brought us rolly-pollies, snails and rusty nails from our yard! They surely simplify the perspective of life.

I should have had more children. So, I wait to be a grammy.

15 comments:

Louisiana said...

how wonderful for those kids to be so wanted and welcomed and loved..your future granchildren will be so darn lucky. trust me it's not something they all have automatic. you guys are so much fun.

btw, everyone has a different taste and i'm glad that the little fellow is honest...an honest person is very good but i do like your hair...you are a good looking lady...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gardenia said...

granny hood is the best thing I ever found in this life....what a reward, you'll love it as much as you are anticipating it. Little boys and girls are so different from one another - they are always a delight - so full of wisdom and innocence at the same time. I bet the little ones melted as you sang that song- they soak up love like a sandy beach at high tide.....I bet their visit was a treat for them as well

FOUR DINNERS said...

I like your hair but long is good. I used to sing to Jax when she was a baby and a toddler. She went to sleep to the sound of Dinners singing Anarchy In The UK. How the hell did she end up well balanced???

Jada's Gigi said...

Being a grammy is the bestest! Kids surely do simplify life...and complicate it too. lol
Wish I oculd go on that Grand Vaca with you! Have a blast!!
Long hair on women is definitley a male thing..but don't listen to em...love your hair cut!

LZ Blogger said...

Grandkids are THE BEST! Like the saying goes, Grandkids are God's way of thanking you for NOT KILLING your own kids! ~

We LOVE LOVE LOVE our three! ~ jb///

MonkeyGirl said...

Such a sweet entry. Love your blog...and all the hairstyles. I'm a soon-to-be bridesmaid (twice in a row) and am looking for some great hairstyles...you've given me some great ideas!

Anonymous said...

My little girl used to have the same Barbie toothbrush (she chews on them, so she goes through them too fast!). Those children are so blessed to have spent time with you & TT, and it sounds like they were blessings to you as well! What a wonderful experience for you all. Beautiful post!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Grandkids are great and since Jimmy & I have 5 children between us we have MANY grandkids. Your time will come...you're too young yet to be a grandma.

And I must say that generally boys prefer long hair...maybe it looks more feminine to them.

shellz said...

Awww....they are both soooo cute! It sounds like you had a marvelous time with them!

Ryane said...

I love how having kids around forces us to see just how sweet life really can be...such as rusty nails from the yard. They sound like a lot of fun, those kids and I am sure you will be an awesome grandma. Plus--how adorable--they will all the fabulous haircuts!

Anonymous said...

at least u will love urs hg n tt

Gina said...

Hi! I surfed over from Cheryl's Treehouse. What sweet kiddies. Will you cut my hair?!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Back to normal stuff now. Ta.

Candy Minx said...

Great photos sounds like a lovely visit. Those two kids are gorgeous. It was very nice to hear how well mannered they were in mass.

Cheers,
Candy