October 11, 2006

celebrations

Saturday night was a wedding. TT and I had so much fun. Here I am, smoke free, only having a drink (or three!) at times of celebration! This was such a special night. The wedding was one of the most touching ceremonies ever. They wrote their vows. I doubt there was one dry eye.

Then, they broke lose at the reception. Major rock, rap, metal music. Lotsa love and laughter as all the stylists partied together.
We spent much of Sunday afternoon talking about how much fun we had. Doesn't he look handsome?
This is the new salon owner. He is the kindest man, next to TT of course. TT is not breathing fire, just the lights/flash issue! Dot was her usual dazzling self.

Okay, I am having a problem. This coming Saturday, TT and I are going to a friend's 30th birthday celebration. It is a ROCKER costume party! Help!! I am not a rocker. I like punk more. I was thinking about doing TT's hair into a fauxhawk and maybe black eyeliner on him, heavy cross necklace, jeans and his Doc Martins and his usual black tshirt with the sleeves rolled up. . . whatcha think?

Me, I have black lace mit/gloves, lots of black chokers/heavy crosses. Black tank, tight ripped jeans, black Doc Martin-like shoes. . . hair spiked on top, close on sides a la Rod Stewart.

I don't want to spend money on costuming. Very tight right now.

Help!!!! Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

David Tellez said...

I am loving the fire-breathing picture! That is so cool the way it looks and how it just so happened to be there when TT opened his mouth...very cool indeed. I swear, you guys always take the best pictures...

Now for the ROCKER party...be a punk rocker! Come on Ms. Hatti Grace...you know if you can pimp out that sexy pixie hair of yours, you can totally pull off rocker chic!

I wouldnt do the Rob Stewart look though, because that might be a bit too much, but if you did your hair where it spiked at the ends and looked like second day dirty hair, then that would be way hot!

And dont wear the Doc Martins. On TT it's fine, but with you, I'm not so sure... Wear a denim skirt with knee-high boots, or your torn jeans with stilletos. Just because it's a rocker party doesnt mean you cant look fashionably hot. Because, as my fashion-foward friend Madelaine always says...if you wear Doc Martins, you may as well buy flannel shirts and call yourself a lesbian.

But whatever you choose to wear, I know it'll still look good...dont forget to take pictures!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Exactly as you say it babe. And do wear the docs. Don't do a Rod though. Spike it all around. If you do wear the docs it has to be tight ripped jeans. Owt else wi docs n d.t.'s right! Have a great party!! n lots of pics of TT the punk please!!

Anonymous said...

put some colours in ur hair use tha hair mascara so it wash out wear a short plaid skirt rip up fishnets n docs a buncha black elastics on ur arms n make razor blade earings put ona buncha tats u can clean off l8r
xx
dx3puppy

Anonymous said...

ps pierce stuff 2 u can do fakes nose ring n lips :o)

Jada's Gigi said...

They both sound like perfect costumes! I do think the punk rocker idea is good...you could even spray paint your hair pink like your model...:) Spiked heels would be hot but they would kill your back..the Docs will suffice. Be sure and get photos! Its Halloween early!

Gardenia said...

Pup knows!

Can you find/borrow a pair of over the ankle boots, black, with big buckles & laces, steel toe, thick bumpy soles for TT? These are way past work boots - they are like SURVIVAL boots. AND lots of fake arm tats.

What fun!

I like your vampire gothic chic idea as well - when you go goth, you're the only person I've ever seen that could make me want to go vamp.

I dressed one year for work. I'm usually far too serious - so they all got the biggest kick out of it. Nose ring, brow pierced, black liner around lips - black t shirt that said "no nazi" - Joc did hair - went to the grocery store before work feeling pretty embarrassed - lady there said "like your costume." I was ever so grateful that she knew it was a costume.

BTW - Your hair looks really great in the photos here.

Louisiana said...

the pictures are of some pretty good looking people :) .

weddings are so lovely to attend, i'm so glad you had such a great time.

sorry i can't help with the cosutme, no ideas there..but i do hope you have a great time.

xOXOXOXO

Furtheron said...

A Rocker costume party.... No doesn't compute.

On the basis that I been a rocker probablly since I lost faith in punk in 1978 when it all went Viviane Westwood and all that. I was there with the original ripped old Dad's shirts and safety pins, Sex Pistols, The Damned and The Clash. Then it all went wrong so I grew my hair long and wore denim.

But I always looked a berk with long hair so that went - since then I've gone to Motorhead, Maiden, Priest, etc. etc. gigs looking like I do - no one cares.

So go as you are - that's a true rocker someone who doesn't care about what others want or think.

Buffy said...

You ladies are lovely - but aren't you always.

TT is looking particularly dashing in this photo as well.

Love your style HattieGrace.