October 1, 2006

TT's Birthday

TT's sixtieth birthday is today. We celebrated yesterday. We have decided, at the prompting of one certain Dot, to adopt a retired greyhound. The day was clear, cool and breezy. We had the top down on the PT Cruiser and drove out to the country to the Greyhound Rescue Center.

After looking at several dogs, we settled on sweet Caleco, who we have already nicknamed Callie. She is two years old, very sweet and shy. I am a bit nervous, but I think it is another one of those faith things. TT will be taking her for her twice daily ten minute walks, so will be good for him and good for her.

We left the Rescue Center and drove by this tiny airfield to see this plane landing.
Long story short (I am sure TT will post the long tale on this one!), TT got a free ride in this 1942 Stearman biplane!!! What a dream come true for him. I said that had to be his birthday gift from God, because I never could have made THAT happen!!! All he could say is "WOW WOW WOW WOW!" He is still smiling!!

He had told me for his birthday he just wanted to go out to eat with me, Dot and Boyfriend. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I did not believe him. D and B offered their house, so we have been lying and scheming for weeks to pull off a surprise!!

Thinking he was going to their house for dinner the night before his birthday, he seemed oblivious to the tension of the night! Boyfriend said, "Hey TT, you gotta come out back and see my new firepit!" At that, about a dozen of our dearest friends shouted out, "SURPRISE!!"

Then, Boyfriend said, "Hey TT, turn around, we have another surprise for you!" And TT turned to see his mom coming down the steps! She lives in Orlando. They are very close. TT's brother flew her in for the party.

So, they hugged and cried. Then, Boyfriend said, "TT, just when you think there couldn't be any more surprises, look again!!!" Then, I cried. TT's brother, the one who's wife died this spring, came down the stairs! I had asked him, but he declined because of work and such. At the last minute, he DROVE all the way from Orlando. What a gift!!
Dot and Bebop (TT's mom) had cooked all day, making lasagna, a fabby salad, pies, cookies and such. It was quite a celebration. We laughed and hugged all night! I am so proud of Dot for pulling off such a wonderful event. Posted by Picasa Okay, I had another photo that neither Picasa nor blogslip will post, so I will have to do a PS later!!

At any rate, it was a fabulous celebration, thanks to the love of family and friends.

Happy Sixtieth Birthday, TT!

4 comments:

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Happy 60th Birthday TT and many, many more happy birthdays are in your future.

What a wonderful surprise party that turned out to be. I bet the food was great with TT's mom cooking all day and getting ready for the party.

It seems like everyone I know has had a wonderful birthday surprise this year including myself.

Louisiana said...

it is after midnight so i have official missed his bday but may i wish him a belated wish. now i know he had a wonderful day. i see it in the pictures. what a party. thank you for sharing with us the celebration of his birth. i too rejoice in knowing he was born and he is in your life and brings you much peace and happiness.

Happy Belated Birthday TT! May God Bless you all the days of your life.

Anonymous said...

hows tha dog? do he liek her?

Anonymous said...

HAPPY B'Day TT -- Love you bunches... we'll extend your celebration and do it all over again the next time I see you! Why not celebrate for the rest of the year??? I love the pic of you flying in the plane -- thats a framer!!!

Tess