October 6, 2006

Pink

(Photo looks coral, but in real life, it is PINK!!)


Pink has never been my favorite color. It is my daughter's, my assistant's, and Breast Cancer Awareness'!!

So much in this world is pink. Chi Blowdriers and Flat Irons and Wahl Clippers. . . now if Chi would just come out with pink brushes. The red brush next to the pink drier is a bit much.

Pink and brown, pink and grey (our next salon!), pink and black, pink and white. . . all nice soothing combinations. But pink and RED? Where are my sunglasses?!

I wish someone out there would come out with limey green or aqua for the color of their cause. Or what about a lovely copper brown? But somehow, those colors don't have the same punch as PINK!

So, this is one of my cool clients. She has had me cut her hair in every imaginable shape and has sported just about every color, too. I have to say, the above look tops the list.

What sort of pink things have you bought lately? Can't wait to hear from 4D and Pup on this one!!
 Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Gardenia said...

What an adorable hairdo!!!!!

Pink is not my favorite color either or even close to it. I haven't bought anything pink since a pink boucle suit when I was in my 20's. Looking at photos, it was striking, but...

Pink walls - supposed to be soothing but they jangle my nerves.

Remember when I first met you and had a different hairdresser - and I decided to go deep mahongany and ended up bright red with pink sides of my hair?

I had a friend once who painted her whole house a pinkish-peach color - it was like being constricted in a womb to visit her.

That was my last pink adventure.

Grey good, pink trim might look ok. You will pull it off elegantly either way - I know you will.

LZ Blogger said...

Not really my thing... but the Breast Cancer Awareness is a VERY worthwhile cause!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That hairdo is so cute and the pink part looks feathery.
Pink is not my favorite color by no means, but I have a pink shirt that I like really well although it is now a bit faded.

Louisiana said...

how nice of you that even though you don't like pink you still write this post in honor of breast cancer. thank you. we all know too many people affected.

hope you are having a good day. i'm thankful that you are in my life.

David Tellez said...

OMG...tell me why I thought that was you in the picture?! LOL...I was gonna ask you about the tattoo and the story behind that, but I guess there really isnt any, huh? Too bad...still, great hairdo! Totally love the punk pixie look! And the latest "pink" thing I bought were these rose-tinted Oliver Peoples sunglasses. Now I can honestly say, I look at the world with rose-colored glasses!

Jada's Gigi said...

I like pink but it doens't always like me... the poodle pink kind...blah...but the eye poppin fuscia kind, loves me! and I must say..I like pink and red..with some lime green thrown in..wow! :)
I bought a pink...well more of a coral pink twin set over the weekend...Lands' End, baby...:)

Anonymous said...

I'm also not a pink lady, but have a lot of pink pj's for the winter. Couldn't find my number in other colours!

Anonymous said...

pink tigar stip flannel pajamas 2 pink t shits pink n black silk pajamas yas i m still breathin :(

Gardenia said...

looking at the hairdo again - what a great cut. I love the color - it looks exactly like feathers....the way the color is laid in. sigh.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Pink leopard skin bondage trousers languish at the bottom of my wardrobe. One of the few surviving items from my younger punk days. Caz would divorce me if I wore them (although she'd be mightily impressed if they still fitted me).

Still got the pink fluffy beany bouncers from the hen night on the OP tour. Not allowed to wear those either!

"Pretty In Pink". One of me fav songs.......

Diane Viere said...

Pink is not my favorite color....however, I smile every time I see the Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon. Picked one up yesterday while I was getting the annual mammogram.

Great (and timely) post.

Diane