July 20, 2007

pruned

Here it is 2:30 a.m. I should be sleeping. Had to write. Am standing as I write, as I have been instructed to only sit for twenty minutes at a time and to walk, walk, walk.

The drugs from the 11:00 a.m. surgery are beginning to wear off and I have only an ache at the surgical site. NO PAIN down my ravaged leg. The piranha is gone. Thank GOD, a million times.

I worked Tuesday and Wednesday. Honestly, I did not think I would make it. The grace of God, A's fabulous help, and my determination to take care of my fabulous clients. . . I made it through. We did in two days what we normally do in three days.

I am taking off all next week. The doctor wants me off for two weeks. I will be off for eleven days. That is pretty close. And thankfully, my schedule is jammed for the next month.

Dot took me to the surgery center this morning and stayed with me for a while. We had some very good conversation. She made the statement, in reference to cooking a meal after working all day, that she hates stress.

She said, "I don't like myself when I am stressed." Hmmmmmm. I have been thinking about this all day.

I don't like me when I am stressed either. I just have never put it that way. Or stepped back to look at the picture of my stress. Yech. Stress most likely has attacked my back.

See why I love her so? Over the years, she has dropped these simple nuggets of gold that have helped alter my life view.

Today a slipped disk was pruned. And so was an unhealthy response to my full and blessed life.

Good work, docs. . .

7 comments:

Furtheron said...

Good news - so far.

Do what the docs tell you - they normally do right.

Keep walking and get better soon.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Most people over here come out of hospital with considerably more ailments than they had when they went in.

Sounds like you've had a result babe.

You take it easy.

That's an order x

Anonymous said...

glad ur better hattiegrace :o)

Gardenia said...

I had been praying and also wondering about you. Sounds good so far! Be careful. Lots of Vit. C, some B complex and rest when you can!

I sent you an email.

David Tellez said...

Thank God you're doing so much better! You've been in my prayers Ms. Hattigrace because Lord knows what I would do if I didnt have your little pearls of wisom to read everytime I stop on by...

Jada's Gigi said...

yea! You're home and hopefully doing much better by now! I'm so glad you were able to get something done about it all! enjoy your time off...

Buffy said...

I'm an awful friend for not knowing you've had surgery.

Been really caught up in things I shouldn't be caught up in lately.

I hope you're feeling better...I mean really better and not just bearing it....

B.