July 27, 2007

presence

This has been a beautiful week. I have been loved in all directions.

Friends and family have brought over meals, flowers, plants, cards and visited with me.

My good friend L has been going through an amazing journey with the Lord and her walk with Him has helped me come back into His presence. Had I been working, I would not have been available for 2:00 a.m. phone conversations. Her transformation from fearful victim to courageous, joyful overcomer takes my breath away.

She has had incredible, miraculous answer to prayer that has encouraged me back into conversation with the Lord.

I got this new CD by Brian and Jenn Johnson, WE BELIEVE, that has changed the atmosphere of my home into a haven of joy and hope and peace. Mostly, feeling His presence again, softly, tenderly caring for me, healing my weary heart.

I feel rested, renewed (goes with our freshly painted Family Room in Behr green called Shakespeare!), restored. I have been walking about 2 1/2 miles a day, per doc's orders. I take a nap every afternoon!

Our god children come over every night for dinner and games or a movie. When they leave, I usually go to bed, so I am really taking good care of myself.

I have only taken one pain pill and a few Advil. Am taking lots of vitamins, drinking nearly a gallon of water, eating protein again!

Mostly what I have learned is the presence of God is with me, for me, He is my sustainer, I am not alone, He is our provider and He cares about all the tiny details of our lives. He is gently revealing the parts of my heart that have been closed off to Him.

He is gracious and good and He has made my recovery time marvelous. I am so glad now that I was under "house arrest" as I called it!

In the stillness, His presence took me to a place of great peace.

Thank you for all your prayers. As you can see, He hears you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

m glad ur doin so good hg

L said...

Wow, that's beautiful. Glad to hear your on the mend.

Leigh Ann

Gardenia said...

I felt His presence in your post. Our journeys are amazing - because we find more of God along the way. So glad for you for the naps - I have been doing that as well. It's marvelous to feel the renewing going on. Dr. Smith worked on me Friday. I have been without pain since. Will try more sessions. I think this is our season for deep soaking healing. Enjoy every bit before going back to work, dear friend.

Furtheron said...

It is you he hears.

A powerful post.

Continue to look after yourself.

Anonymous said...

Very pleased to hear that you are recovering well :0)

FOUR DINNERS said...

....not that I said any... rep to remember...

"If God exists I have ample evidence that he hates me" : Homer Simpson

get well stay well babe x

Jada's Gigi said...

sometimes he has to get us fat of our backs...:) you sound wonderful! praise the Lord!

Jada's Gigi said...

sorry.I meant FLAT of our backs...lol