October 6, 2007

Young Eagle

God-son's first flight today. Pilot was incredible. Walked god-son through every step of pre-flight plane check. Pilot is retired and lives on the airfield access. Some people have horses, he has airplanes. They don't take a cent for this. Just want to pass the love of flying on to the next generation.
TT could tell you more about the plane, but suffice it to say, it is new and fabby!

As god-son disappeared, I told his mama, "He'll never be the same." Once a man flies, can't no one tell him he don't have wings!

It'll be years before god-son will understand why TT and I watched him fly off into the clouds with tears streaming down our cheeks.

Harrison Ford is the founder of the Young Eagles. A star making a way for over a million boys and girls to test out the galaxies for themselves.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Hattigrace, what a wonderful gift! I think the last picture is amazing :0)

Gardenia said...

This was awesome. What a gift - do I see one happy little boy there, my gosh!

David Tellez said...

I remember flying a plane in the 5th grade and you're right Ms. Hattigrace ...once a man flies, cant no one tell him he dont have wings! It's a wonderful feeling when you're flying up in the air, controlling your every movement! Your God-son is one lucky kid!

Furtheron said...

WOW! That is a hell of a gift.

Anonymous said...

my fav place on a plane is lookin out at tha wings bounce up n down...i luv 2 fly

FOUR DINNERS said...

Magic!

I taught my nephew how to make paper planes...er...not quite in the same class that is it?

Biddie said...

Wonderful photos! What a wonderful gift to give, too.
I always knew that Harrison Ford was incredible :)

Jada's Gigi said...

HOw cool is that?!?

Vicki said...

What an adventure! How proud you must be. I glad to know that ol' Hans Solo is of more substance than just some cinematic fluff. ;)
"To infinity and beyond!"

me said...

oh my lord! please be my godparent!