February 8, 2006

spring


New life in spring. It is only February. Yet in Our Town, we are seeing signs of spring. The weather is so confused here. Too many hurricanes. Too much weather turbulence. Why are spring flowers out so soon?

We are all traumatized. Charlie. Frances. Ivan. Jean. Dennis. Katrina. Rita. And what is to come? So many are saying if we have another bad season, they are moving. Can Our Town stand any more?

Even the plant life is confused. Some are dormant. Some look dead and lifeless. Some are blossoming.

Kind of like us. Some are building. Some are restoring damaged homes. Some are selling and getting the heck out of dodge.

We love Our Town. It is a very friendly, kind community. It is not a small-minded red-necked city that excludes and rejects. We have been embraced and loved. Our subdivision has grown and gained in value.

As a hairdresser, I have only known growth and blessing for the ten years I have lived here.

I don't want to leave. I pray the storms don't land here again.

It is agonizing to see a community destroyed by the elements. We are so sad to see the destruction of New Orleans. Please, let the storms land in the sea and not destroy any more lives, homes and cities.

We are all weary. We don't want to be worry warts. We don't want to be destroyed again.

Let spring come and let the seaside towns flourish and blossom.

Let it be a happy spring, summer and fall without the agony of angry of storms.

5 comments:

Radical One said...

just surfed in from cheryl's treehouse and wanted to say i love your place here.

several things caught my eye on your lovely blog but mostly your love for being a hairdresser and making us feel like queens! my daughter has been doing my hair since she was 12 (17 now) and is graduating early to attend beauty school. the love of hair art can resignate deeply for those of you who do it from the heart.

i'm sure she'd love to hear any words of wisdom, so if you get a chance be sure and give her a shout. (she's linked on my blog as "joy through the journey".

also, hope you guys have a wonderful spring with lots of green!

blessings!
lisa

David Tellez said...

Isnt it nice to know, that no matter how many hurricanes or storms y'all have down there, there will always be a rainbow in the end?

P.S. Love your profile pic! I'm so happy you figured it out! Me? I'm still getting the hang of it.

For me, I have to post a pic in my blog, publish it, go to my blog, right click on the pic, select properties, highlight and copy the URL address, go back to my blog, delete the post, then go to the dashboard and put it in the profile thingy...lotta hard work, huh?

Anyways, but yeah, it's a great pic. I like how it's a little blurry so you cant see all the flaws. Kidding. I

Jada's Gigi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jada's Gigi said...

Yes and amen to your prayer about the storms! I lived in Pensacola once and it is a lovely city. I agree with radical one that you have a very nice place here in blog world too. I'll be back. :)

rauf said...

Its a circle of life Hattigrace,
After 4.5 billion years we are still at the mercy of nature.
Come what may, growth cannot be stopped. Its a circle of life.

lovely picture you got there Hattigrace.