February 15, 2006

almost

It is 11:53 P.M. February 15. I am 7 minutes from fifty. Party tomorrow night with most of my favorite people in my life. Only ones not here are the ones that live far away.

I have tried a new skin care today. All the efforts to stay wrinkle free are at work or I hope they work!

Had a hard day because of insurance stresses. No answer on Country Estate, yet.

And, Biscuit cut her claws into my leather sofas about 30 dots worth. They are the most expensive items in my house, took me a year to pay for them. She knew she is in trouble as she licked my hands for over thirty minutes tonight after work. She must have heard, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you", so she tried her version of kissing up instead! It kind of worked. I got over being mad at her.

My eldest sister knitted me a beautiful wrap for my birthday. Helps me in having a great outfit for tomorrow night's party. I wanted to look cute! Thanks, sis.

Weather here is crazy. Thirty-one yesterday and sixty-two today. No wonder so many people have colds.

My daffodils are still blooming. And the grass is still brown.

As mixed up as nature is matches how mixed up I feel inside. I wanted my life to be more smooth, more settled, more secure than it is at this stage. I feel the need to get really responsible and save money for our later years. And, then I want to travel, have fun and do all the crazy things that I have never done.

I am excited about tomorrow night, mostly because I love any party with the people I love. But, wow, how sobering to be fifty. Kind of like when I turned thirty and realized I was no longer a kid. I love the people that say they are shocked I am over forty three. One of my twenty-something clients said that to me today. I wanted to hug and kiss her a million times.

I only said, "Thanks!"

She most likely had no clue just how much her words meant to me.

Okay, it is 12:06 A.M. I am fifty. Fabulous, foxy fifty. That's my motto. The next decade is going to be a great one. Right?!

5 comments:

Gardenia said...

to a BEAUTIFUL fabulous, foxy, fifty woman - yes,the next ten years will be great. can relate to the pull between wanting to nestegg and travel...I'm there too - so much in the world to see and do! But its now the scary time - we all ask - what about the next ten years, 20 years - one thing for sure, with the Lord, you will only get more beautiful as the years go on - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Radical One said...

hey girl and happy, happy birthday! this age thing is so sobering at times for me...i'm 42 (well 'til march, hehe) and there are days that i feel every day of it but most days i still feel twenty something. but yea, i agree with diana "one thing for sure, witht he Lord, you will only get more beautiful as the years go on".

thanks so much for you sweet words and support with tarah. you two truly sound like two peas in a pod. i'm thankful she's found someone that she can look to. lots of things i can do as a mother, but understanding the joy and energy that comes from serving others in fashion and hair, just isn't my strength. g'ness, that almost sounds negative. not at all cos i'm so thankful she's following her heart and what she's good with, i just wish i knew more how to support her. anyway, thanks for giving her inspiration to follow her dream.

sorry bout your leather!!!! ewwwe, that must have been a rough day! but hopefully today will be filled with joy and peace.

blessings!
lisa

David Tellez said...

Happy 50th to a gal who looks 30! LOL...I say you should go all out, the way Oprah did, and celebrate life to the fullest. Just dont get too crazy...I dont wanna tune in to CNN, and see you half-naked canoodling next to George Clooney at the zoo!

thinkin said...

Found your blog while browsing through another.
You seem like a very wise woman (with fabulous hair. Equally important).

If you have the desire to share more wisdom, I have a growing library of questions waiting to be answered... check 'em out. Thanks... and happy birthday.

Buffy said...

No way are you 50 dear.