February 18, 2006

birthday



The whole day was a celebration! Flowers, gifts, cards, cake, hugs, waves, calls, singing, balloons, smiles. . . it was a fun day.

The party that night was, simply put, a room full of love. My daughter and husband, my two oldest* relationships (in that order!) all the way to friends added to my life just this year- they made me feel absolutely adored!

We talked, laughed, ate, drank and were very merry. I was given thoughtful, caring gifts and hilarious cards!

Funny thing about milestones. They loom mammoth upon approach, then POOF, and its back to working, living and loving!

A million thanks to my family and friends for my very happy celebration!


* Except for my sisters, who understandably could not travel across the country! Didn't want to leave them out!

5 comments:

Gardenia said...

What a fun party.........a celebration of a beautiful life and much more to come. I am sharing the warm afterglow - just by visiting your blog.

Doug E. said...

Happy Birthday,

Looks like you had a great one.

Doug

rauf said...

You get back the warmth you give Hattigrace !
Sorry I am late, Happy Birthday,
stay fresh and young for ever. I know you'd never let go of your sense of humour, I think thats what is keeping you young for ever Hattigrace !

Heidi Grether said...

Thanks Rauf!!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Happy Birthday....Looks like great fun at your birthday party. A milestone is passed and you're still here and by your picture even more beautiful than ever.

Today is just the beginning.

Sandy :)