February 22, 2006

breakthrough

It has been so grey here. Fog. Rain. Damp. Gloomy. Salon is too quiet. Mall is a ghost town. Clients subdued. My back is killing me. My husband is suffering with garbled brain from painting kitchen cabinets in oil based, fumey paint at Country Estate so we can get it ready to sell.

His brakes are out in the van. Taxes due on Country Estate. Bills are piling up. No insurance money.

My sense of humor is on vacation. Hope and Trust are silent. Fear and Doubt are screaming at me.

Called husband as I was driving to mall, "I just need to see the sun. Pray for my schedule tomorrow. Oh, I need the sunshine. Our Town needs sunshine." He said, "I will pray."

I neared the mall and out of the grey, for a few brief moments, the sun burst through the dismal, weepy sky.

My heart leapt with joy. Life got really good that fast. Hope and Trust sang to me that all else will be fine.

No wonder yellow is my favorite color!

7 comments:

Gardenia said...

Oh, sweetie. We must be in an universal fog...come on, summertime! A friend's daughter sent me this...I claim it for you and your family too..."I can say by the word of The Lord that this year God is moving,shaking and CHANGING things like never,ever before! This year is also one of huge provision for anything and everything He calls us to do!!"
Amen!

David Tellez said...

YAY! Dont you love when the sun shines through on a dark grey day?! And from the week, you've had, it sounds like y'all could use some summer sun. Ha...try saying that 5 times fast!

Jada's Gigi said...

thank God for the sun! I really need it some days and today it is shining here as well! I think I can hear the voices of Hope and Trust too....:)

Jada's Gigi said...

thank God for the sun! I really need it some days and today it is shining here as well! I think I can hear the voices of Hope and Trust too....:)
Hope your weekend is sunny....

rauf said...

Things don't remain the same for ever Hattigrace. There is always a hope. Think of the sun when its not there, you'd feel warm.
Enjoy the sun Hattigrace, in right measures.

Anonymous said...

hay hattiegrace ty 4 visitin me :o)
i m glad u found sunlight( is that hope?)

Erin said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such kind wonderful words. You really brightened my day. I hope the sun is shining on you. :)