March 28, 2006

bare

My heart, my soul, my struggles, my silly stories, my worries, my fears. . . I lay out my bare being on my blog.

I really have been amazed in just being me, up or down, faith-filled or fear-ridden, happy or sad, silly or stoic. . . amazed at the care and support of cyber friends. All of you read and leave these endearing comments.

These are different from my daily in town relationships. No pretense, no judgement, no lectures. Just support, encouragement, funny quips and great tips.

The whole salon was deadly quiet today. Well, I still mangaged to meet my self-required quota, on the low side. But it was not the usual, bustling, up-beat Tuesday.

My back hurt. And my back-up assistant had an emergency root canal. My back hurt even more.

Country Estate has not sold.

I emptied out my business account with my SEP IRA contribution.

I got renter's insurance for my room at the salon to prepare me for hurricane season.

On the up side, my (big!!) skin care business is growing.

I qualified for District Manager.

My tummy and saddle bags are shrinking, thanks to Callanetics.

I am still free of gut-wrenching anger towards my soon-to-be-ex-son-in-law. I marvel at the power of forgiveness.

My daughter read "humiliation" and laughed forever! She had just shared the story with the man she is dating (we love him) and said my version was much funnier. (For those of you who wondered how she would feel about me sharing that online!)

I am too tired to do links. For anyone new, just read the old stuff!

For all my other blogger friends, thanks for commenting and for caring.

Naked we enter this world and naked we leave. I am believing that in baring my soul, I am clothed with His love as expressed through all of you.

Thank you.

12 comments:

Belle said...

H!
As my sister probably told you, I was very confused about who you were--between cyber and real life I became a bit confused...

I just want you to know that your comments are always so dear, heart-warming. You write with amazing truth and grace.

Keep it up!

Diane Viere said...

I love your writing style.

God Bless you this day!

Diane

David Tellez said...

We comment because we care. And I think the reason bloggers are more supportive is because, on a blog, people tend to be more open then they would in real life.

In real life, sometimes it's hard to say the right thing at the right time. But in a blog, you can always go back and edit what you want to say, so that it comes out the right way, you know?

Anyways, Mrs. Hatti Grace, you keep on writing your colorful and "bare" stories! Dont ever stop.

Unknown said...

Do we get to see you in The Dress that you are exercising for? I want to see it so make sure someone gets a snap of it ;-)

FOUR DINNERS said...

Wrong way around HG. Thank you.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Forgot. Ta for the congrats. 20 good ones.....Hope your next 20 with TT are magic too.

Gayzha said...

Lovely! I'm interested to know what your skin care business is all about? I actually need a new facial care system. My skin is a bit blotchy this time. I need a dermabrasion!

My hair is growing longer and I just need another month again to go and visit my hairstylist - to relayer my hair.

Sometimes, we really have to be patient as things come on their own time :)

Anonymous said...

:o)hope ur back is feelin' better by now
dp

FOUR DINNERS said...

1st comment means you don't have to say thanks. You give blogland a good read. Peoples personalities pop out through their blogs n we like you n what you write so we're the ones sayin' ta very much HG.

Camie Vog said...

HG,
First time comment, long time reader...

Found you via deadpuppy and 4Dinners. I had my first blog dream and you were in it. Very weird. You are mentioned in my recent post. :)

See, you have a bigger impact on people than you think.

Jada's Gigi said...

It is strange how open and caring people tend to be in blogland as opposed to real life. I think DT is right, we can always go back and edit what we wrote. I know I love the written mode of communication for that very reason. Besides, real life demands more interaction than just a few lines of encouragement or empathy. Soemtimes more than we want to commit to.
I too am clothed in Him through the support of the unknown masses out in cyber space, that and the freedom that comes from seeing pieces of myself in black and white. Some things just need to be said outloud (tranlates to "in print" cause i feel like I have "Said" it:)) I feel validated, heard, comforted, covered....Hang in there sister....we all need each other so much!

Buffy said...

You have such a lovely way with words.

I hardly know what else to day.