March 11, 2006

meditation

I was out on Cheryl's Treehouse and was staggered by this quote. She has posted the story of John Wooden's life. His words have riveted me.

"There is only one kind of a life that truly wins,
and that is the one that places faith in the hands of the Savior.

Until that is done,
we are on an aimless course
that runs in circles and goes nowhere.

Material possessions,
winning scores,
and great reputations
are meaningless in the eyes of the Lord,
because He knows what we really are
and that is all that matters."

- John Wooden

Lord have mercy and help me to stay in Your arms.

5 comments:

David Tellez said...

I like how you find passages and signs in everyday life that remind you to have a stronger relationship with the Lord...it really helps you keep things in perspective, no?

FOUR DINNERS said...

If he knows everythin' I'm in trouble....

My wife & daughter have faith. I don't. They've never tried to change me. Think I'm changin' anyway. Just a little.

Thanks HG. I like comin' here.

Gayzha said...

This is exactly what my friend told me last Friday. She came back to the Lord and now she is freed from being needy. She is emotionally wreck before but now she is in a very strong perspective, and peaceful.

Jada's Gigi said...

He knows...He still loves...amazing!

Jada's Gigi said...

PS Thanks for coming by my blog. Your comments are always encouraging.