March 1, 2006

lent


" 'Now, therefore,' says the Lord, 'Turn to Me with all your heart,
with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.'

So rend your heart and not your garments; return to the Lord your God,
for He is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger, and of great kindness. . . " Joel 2:12-13

My walk with You has been a rocky and jagged path. I am easily distracted. I forget to ask Your council. I hurt Your heart with my quick, unkind words. Though I stumble, fall and fail, I know no other refuge than Your love, frightfully and wonderously revealed at the Cross. My life is noisy and demanding. Help me to retreat, be still and know You.



4 comments:

Gayzha said...

hi, isn't it weird that i am currently blogging for my hairstyle and this great hairstylist came and visited my site, and it is such a coincidence that when i visited your site you are talking about Lenten Season - which really reminded me of my spirituality - my hairs (in my arms) were raising!

Gardenia said...

lovely. seems the Lord is telling us the same. this is the first year Lent has really impacted me...i love the traditions i'm finding.

David Tellez said...

I really like how you posted your prayer on here. I like how you shared it with the world, not caring what anyone thought or said. So cool. Wish I could say the same for your picture...I mean, I know it's not supposed to be a glamourous shot, but you look like one of those punk-rock teenagers. And...it kinda makes me laugh.

Jada's Gigi said...

What a beautiful prayer...I echo...yes and amen!