March 31, 2006

offer

This was the worst week in years at the salon. And seems, all is slow in many salons. Spring Break, taxes, who knows? My back hurt, my hopes were sagging.

The slow week was good for me, though. I get cocky and a bit prideful when my schedule stays jammed for months on end. My assistant told me she noticed I was kinder and more friendly with all my clients. Shame it takes lack for me to be more gracious and grateful. God help me, I am so human.

Good set up for a breakthrough. You know, the old adage that the darkest hour is before dawn?


(Daughter and L)


We were set to visit Land M for her 35th birthday.



Daughter and new beau coming with us.

"I want to be ON the road by 7:00!" I live on schedules.

Schedule interrupted. . . we got an offer on Country Estate. A very good offer, by our neighbor's best friends. This will be the first sale for my daughter in her new real estate career.

And this will take all the financial stress off my back. (Good-bye pain?) We can pay off wedding credit card, the house we live in, medical bills, NO DEBT. It has been a long eleven years without my husband's fat income. He grieves he cannot contribute more.

Because of his hard work, Country Estate looks pristine.

I have to say, I have fallen in love with all my readers. You all are great. Kind, caring, compassionate. Surely your words are prayers circling the throne of Grace for me. You broaden my view, enlarge my vision and warm my heart.

When Country Estate closes, please pop a bottle of bubbly and drink. . . drink to friendship and love, drink to your own goodness. And I will drink to yours.

10 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

Don't know about me goodness but I'll pop a cork for you n TT.

Glad the world's turnin' for you.

(You mean you're not always gracious? Don't believe you)

FOUR DINNERS said...

Just noticed. Ta f't link. (Tender heart? Oh hell. There goes me street cred!!!)

Anonymous said...

g l on closenin ur "country estate" i will drink with 4 dinners even tho im not spos 2 best of everything 2 u hattie g

Diane Viere said...

Congratulations! I hardly know you...and yet, I am smiling with joy for the turn of events. Take a deep breath....enjoy how this relief feels!

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Diane

Unknown said...

I dont drink :-) so I'll toast with tea

Gardenia said...

Yay! Things are looking up for you with the $!!!!! 'Bout time! And yes, this weekend, as I drink
Mimosas with a dear old friend, we'll have a toast to you. Love the tenderness and the realness in you!

Gardenia said...

........AND, the end of May, I'm coming for your brilliant color and a haircut!....

David Tellez said...

I'm so happy for you Mrs. Hatti Grace! I've been praying for you, hoping that all goes well for you, and I so happy to hear that it did! Dont forget to let me know when the deal closes so I can pop the bubbly!

Heidi Grether said...

Gulp,

it fell through.

I am trying to surface, but right now I am under the carpet glue.

Gayzha said...

don't worry... it will happen! everything comes at the right time!

that's what i am saying to myself now...especially that we are also preparing our house for sale. so many things to do!!!!