September 18, 2007

lonely?


I am worried about Isabella. She is doing much better than last week, but she is still spending a lot of time in her bed. She is eating some, but definitely has lost some weight. She is not upchucking anymore.

Her doc said her blood is fine, no need to be concerned about anything life-threatening. She really perks up when we have company, for a while, at least.

I am going to try taking her for a walk in the mornings now that the weather is so pretty.

I am also thinking about getting her a companion. Yes, another dog. Well, how would you like to be the only human in a dog household, get left alone for hours and the only language you heard was barking and whining? (Okay, don't even go there!!)

I think she may be depressed and lonely. She has never had a dog friend because all my friends and my daughter have these huge dogs who treat Isabella like she is a knat. That would depress me. I hate it when I am feeling invisible!

PS I have a new painting up!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Biddie said...

Oh, she is so pretty! What is wrong with her? How old is she?
We have a little chihuahua/jack russell cross that we rescued fron the pound. She is mean, and cranky, and she must have been about 7 years old (at least) when we got her 3 years ago. Even though I am home most of the time, I worried about her being lonely, too. Like you said, imagine being the only human in an all dog household! A year ago in June, I got a little pup for my birthday. It did wonders for my cranky old gal.(Porkchop)She mothered the pup and she seemed happier. Now that Ruby us older, and they are used to being togther so much, Porky has gone back to being her mean old self, but I know that is happier just having Ruby around. I know it.
I think that it might do your little girl some good, too.
(I hope that she feeling better)

Admin said...

I'm so sad for your little Isabella. I love animals so much, and just love giving them TLC. Give her some hugs from Ohio!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Hugs to Issie x

Get a cat? Issie can chase it around then and get loads of excercise!!

Anonymous said...

mabe shes depressd

Gardenia said...

Being alone all day and plus in Wyoming even bothered my cat. And you know cats! Isabell could easily be depressed I guess. A kitten would probaby get along quite well with her too as 4D says - - - she might be ill too - did you take her to the vet?

Buffy said...

She's so sweet in this photo.

Glad her blood work came back fine. I always worry when teeny little things like Isabella start having problems.

My mother's yorkie went around like this - depressed - for a while. Then she babysat my brother's corgi mutt and ended up keeping it because it pulled the yorkie out of the blue funk she'd been in for months. Now the two are inseparable.