September 23, 2007

visit

I had an amazing day yesterday! I actually did a totally social thing. I usually spend Saturdays cleaning and organizing, paying bills and making lists for the week.

I gave myself a gift and drove out to visit Gardenia. I mean really, how many of us bloggers long to be able to meet each other and spend real time together and here we live in the same area!!

Of course, we were friends before we both started blogging. She is a dear, dear soul that inspires me and touches my heart. She is an extremely insightful, compassionate woman with a great, giggly sense of humor! I just love her.

I took out my collection of art books and she shared hers with me. I was in awe looking at her many paintings that are in progress. I have so much to learn. It was like a kindergartner visiting a high school senior! She is very gracious to me.

She also gave me an amazing gift. . . she may not want me to say what, so I won't. But it touched my heart. It is a beautiful gift I will enjoy my entire life.

I LOVE to organize. I found myself giving unasked for advice about a studio room for her. I am so opinionated. But, see, she paints in her eat-in kitchen. However roomy it is, she has to put things up for meals. . . Plus, it would really bug me having people milling around so close to a work in progress. Painting is rather private.

She has this lovely front room with a huge bay window. Lots of light, nice high ceiling, french doors. . . doesn't that scream "ART"?!! So, I want her to extend her kitchen flooring in there, do a "Clean Sweep" and get that room supporting her fabulous talent. She can put in a small window a/c unit, fabulous faux silk draperies from ceiling to floor, pipe in inspiring music and paint away. Close the door on it at meal time and go back after without missing a beat!

I hope she lets me come help her paint walls and make draperies and organize stuff!!

It was a fun day!

6 comments:

Furtheron said...

I've not yet met a fellow blogger in person apart from one who is a colleague and good friend from years before blogging and whose office is less than 20 paces from mine...

I've never really thought about meeting up with other bloggers. That would be fun.

Gardenia said...

OH, H.G., the invitation is open - so open - I want draperies like in the art center that "float" - the faux silk - what an idea, it'll be perfect. Yes, help is needed....my soulfull eyes probably gave the invitation - like HEELLLLLPPPPP!

What an absolutely humbling post - thank you dear one, who sort of sails along dropping beauty drops like flower petals -

The thought of having a place that's soul purpose is art and one that is soul-ly for eating will nourish not only me but my family.

Wow.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such a nice day :0)

I've met bloggers it can go either way really! And I'v egot rlf who blog so cyberspace crosses over with rf quite alot.

David Tellez said...

I wish I lived near some bloggers so I could hang out with them for a day...you're so lucky Ms. Hattigrace

FOUR DINNERS said...

Yer welcome to come over n paint me box room...oh...wrong paintin'

Hope yer gave her a hug from me

Admin said...

I would love to do that sometime. I know where a few of my blogging friends live (one is within an hour's drive!)...but I have a hard time getting together with friends I've known for years!

Maybe some day...