September 14, 2007

six pounds down!!

I got a treadmill two weeks ago. Doc's orders for me to walk two miles a day. I am a wimp about weather and can't risk not walking for weeks at a time because of the cold this winter.

I never thought I would like walking inside, but I love it. Maybe because I am such a charts and graphs girl and I can see my progress with mph, heart rate, incline %, calories burned, speed. . . I set little goals. Like I have to burn more calories than the distance I am walking.

If I walk 2.5 miles, then I have to burn more than 250 calories!

I have lost six pounds and I don't know how many inches. Of course, I have slowed down to nearly nothing on the wine or vodka. . . you know that helps. Then if I am not having those refreshments, I don't want late night shnackies, so no calories taken in there, either!

I want to get down to 125. I am down to 133 right now. So, five to eight pounds more and I will be so happy!!

Quote of the day, from Matthew Kelly, "In a sense, the body is like money- a great servant, but a horrible master." I have stopped yielding to it's childish demands and am giving it what it needs! Ha.

3 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

my body requires a beer it gets one. Works for me.

Just had a look at your art pages. Really like that pink sunrise one a lot

Gardenia said...

Ahhhh - when I saw you the other day, you were quite sylph-like, so slender, already.

Furtheron said...

Can't do weight conversions in my head ... hang on that's less than 9 stone... how tall are you? You'd have to be pretty tall to have a problem already...

Still exercise is good for the body, the mind and the soul but don't get obsessed with the weight thing life is too short for that